The following are direct quotes from the book.
Krista Vernoff; Az Ferguson. The Game On! Diet: Kick Your Friend's Butt While Shrinking Your Own. HarperCollins.
F.L.A.B.B. foods list. Remember—you get to indulge in these foods on your day off, your meal off, and your 100 calories a day of whatever. But it’s important that you understand (as I was forced to, kicking and screaming) that you are indulging in them. They must become the exception to our dietary rules if we want a shot at long-term health and weight loss. F.L.A.B.B. (Fat-loading and Belly-bloating) Foods
- All fried foods
- High-fat/processed meats
- Anything made with refined sugar (which includes sugar, corn syrup, high-fructose corn syrup, and sucrose)
- Anything made with white flour
- Dried fruit/fruit juice
- Some common foods that fall into these categories:
- Baked goods
- All sugary breakfast cereals
- Most breakfast bars
- Condiments (ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc.)
- Ice cream
- Pies Granola
- Potato chips
- French fries
- Fruit “drinks”
- Sugar-sweetened beverages
- All sodas
- All diet sodas
- Fast-food sandwiches and burgers
- Hot dogs
- Chicken nuggets, strips, fingers
- Fish sticks
As a general rule, the more processed and packaged and preserved it is, the worse it is for you. And the further away from actual food it is, the worse it is for you. We have not outlawed all artificial sweeteners, though we were veeeery tempted to.
(Read the book on the information for artificial sweeteners).